I’m Simone (he/him), a straight to the point person with a major interest in sound design, music, and programming.
Playing bass since my teenage years, I learned the craft of audio engineering as a studio assistant during the Nineties. After moving to the big city, I’ve explored print design and programming jobs as a source of income, until I was eventually hired as a sound designer for video games in 1999, to me the ultimate audio-visual narrative medium. Having managed to make a career out of each passion of mine means being able to competently juggle between different disciplines, which creates a constant flow of curiosity, and a desire for improvement. My main focus is still sound.
I try to listen to people and be open to new ideas. Disagreeing with a society that’s oblivious of its unsustainability, I wrote a personal manifesto of some of the principles I live by.
- Gen-X born in Italy. First name is pronounced
- Graduated in 1995 (bass and music theory) at the CPM Music Institute in Milan.
- After moving to Milan I worked as a desktop publishing specialist, which proved to be a gateway to a parallel career in web programming.
- I moved to the UK in 2011, enjoying the process of integrating with a different culture. Currently based in Cambridge.
- Graduated in 2017 at the Berklee College of Music (audio mastering and music production).
- My favourite bass player is Andy Rourke.
- The moniker Minutes to Midnight does not come from Iron Maiden.
- Apple certified for Logic Pro X, I switched to Pro Tools, and later REAPER.
- Audiokinetic Wwise is my preferred game audio middleware.
- Field recording, Foley, audio editing and restoration are done with iZotope RX.
- Here’s a comprehensive list of hardware and software that I use.