Skip to the content

@wouter I have now updated my original post and printed the code from the shell script in the new post automation. The code was visible in the script screenshot only. You can now see I have both date and last_modified_at in my Front Matter, formatted as %-d %B %Y %T.

What you’re saying in your last paragraph is exactly how I used to do new posts before, by using just Sublime Text and its Jekyll package, which features a way to set up templates and fill as much meta as I can/want. I used to manually add tags and categories. I have to say, after a week with the new automation, I’m totally okay with it. I didn’t mind the way I did things before, but I’m happy about going from clicking an icon to having my editor ready in a few seconds.