I play both fretless and fretted bass, either on my projects or for artists in need of a solid foundation for their rhythm section.
I love to see the best part of a musician’s craft coming to life.
In the next playlist, you can preview a few works in progress, where I recorded guitars, vocals, bass, violas. A before & after shows a post-production intervention on a lead electric guitar.
Please note that unfinished tracks, marked as WIP, are neither mixed nor mastered.
- Hang Loose (WIP - Teaser) Callum Gardner 1:31
- Optimism is Dangerous (WIP - Teaser) Callum Gardner 1:14
- 1989 (WIP - Teaser: Start) Minutes to Midnight 1:09
- 1989 (WIP - Teaser: End) Minutes to Midnight 1:28
- Skinny Kid (WIP old version - Original lead solo from DI) Minutes to Midnight 0:42
- Skinny Kid (WIP old version - Reamped lead solo) Minutes to Midnight 0:43
Mixer & Master
I’m proud of this fantastic music, which I co-produced and mixed.
- Commit to the List Callum Gardner Listen on Spotify 5:36
- Bring It Right Down Ember Rev Buy on Bandcamp 4:58
- England's Finest Hour Ember Rev Buy on Bandcamp 6:05
- My Sentiments Exactly Ember Rev Buy on Bandcamp 4:44
- The Fear Ember Rev Buy on Bandcamp 4:54
- Papillon Ember Rev Buy on Bandcamp 4:56
- Something Almost Imperceptible Ember Rev Buy on Bandcamp 2:18
Composer & Arranger
I wrote and arranged all the songs and teasers marked as Minutes to Midnight.
For Ciara Clifford’s single, Fold, I wrote the cello part and produced the violas.
For Mally Harpaz, I produced the violas.
During the production of Callum Gardner’s debut single, I attended the sessions where an engineer tracked drums and bass.
A squeaky hi-hat pedal sound found its way to a couple of microphones, unnoticed.
Using iZotope RX‘s spectral editing, I painstakingly cleaned it up with excellent results. You can listen to the before and after.
- Audio Restoration: Squeaky Drums (BEFORE) Minutes to Midnight 0:23
- Audio Restoration: Squeaky Drums (AFTER) Minutes to Midnight 0:23
Last year I tracked twelve tracks of viola for a short song of mine. Since a few of them were skewing an otherwise perfect tuning, I went to correct the pitch in agreement with the player.
- Audio Restoration: Tuning Correction (BEFORE) Minutes to Midnight 0:19
- Audio Restoration: Tuning Correction (AFTER) Minutes to Midnight 0:19
Since I have a passion for historical recordings, this is arguably one of my favourite tasks.
The following example is the cleaning I performed on a 1968 live recording by Robert Francis Kennedy. I even ended up using it in a song of mine.
- Audio Restoration: Forensic cleaning (BEFORE) Minutes to Midnight 0:42
- Audio Restoration: Forensic cleaning (AFTER) Minutes to Midnight 0:42
I recently received one mono overhead track from a drum recording, resulting in a narrow stereo image. My suggested solution was drum doubling.
I sampled three tracks from the drums, turning them into MIDI. Applying my drum kit of choice to the MIDI parts, I created the missing room and ambience.
You can listen to the before and after.
- Drums With Narrow Room Space Minutes to Midnight 0:55
- Drums With Reconstructed Room Space Minutes to Midnight 0:55
During my years as a game sound designer, I was in charge of composing the soundtrack as well as creating and editing all the sound effects.
We implemented an adaptive soundtrack in the game engine. The playlist can only show the linear ideas, developed later in different chunks to follow the mood of the gameplay.
The track “Trailer” is the audio extracted from a full-motion promotional video. Besides the light musical texture, all the sound effects were recorded in the studio using Foley techniques.
I created a mechanical press moulding artificial alien creatures, spaceships departing and landing, rain and thunders, typewriter-like-captions, people walking or screaming, and a tiny creature turning into a monster.
The following playlist contains a few examples and experiments, created for an action-platform game similar to the original Ratchet & Clank.
- Boss Minutes to Midnight 2:10
- Industrial City Minutes to Midnight 5:13
- Tex Mex Minutes to Midnight 4:56
- Farm Minutes to Midnight 0:55
- Run For Your Life Minutes to Midnight 2:33
- Cyberdeck Pt 1 Minutes to Midnight 1:42
- Cyberdeck Pt 2 Minutes to Midnight 1:46
- Funk Minutes to Midnight 1:22
- Racing Pt 1 Minutes to Midnight 2:42
- Racing Pt 2 Minutes to Midnight 3:43
- Party Minutes to Midnight 1:23
- Trailer Minutes to Midnight 1:33
- Tribal and Cave Minutes to Midnight 4:38
Game Audio Portfolio Copyright Notice
All songs from this audio portfolio © (Copyright) and ℗ (Sound recording copyright) by Simone Silvestroni (Minutes to Midnight), except:
- Boss © shared with Joseph Blanc.
- Tex Mex © shared with Joseph Blanc.
- Funk © shared with Joseph Blanc.
- Party © shared with Joseph Blanc.
- Industrial City © Playstos Entertainment, ℗ Simone Silvestroni (Minutes to Midnight).
- Racing Pt 1 © Playstos Entertainment, ℗ Simone Silvestroni (Minutes to Midnight).
- Tribal and Cave © Playstos Entertainment, ℗ Simone Silvestroni (Minutes to Midnight).